Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Blogger Hiatus

Wow, has it really been almost a year and a half since my last blog post? The last two years have been a little bit crazy. My husband (Pat) and I moved from Arizona to Illinois, fought through two brutal Chicago winters, and are just starting to adjust to this new city. We did it all in the name of business school-Chicago Booth to be exact. Over the course of the last two years, Pat and I weren't sure where we end up so I was hesitant to put down any event planning roots here in Chicago until we knew for sure. I still flew back to Arizona for weddings (thank you to all my winter brides for getting me out of Chicago during the freezing cold) but was waiting for Pat to accept a job offer before I transitioned to doing events in Chicago.

Well, here we are a few months after graduation, my husband is now working in CHICAGO, and I am officially setting up shop (well not a physical shop) here in the city. Woo hoo! In fact, I've already done some weddings and events here and am booking into next year so starting back up the blog has been on my to do list for quite some time now.

Nothing like being featured in a national bridal magazine to give me the impetus I needed to start blogging again, huh? A few years ago I posted about a bridesmaid newsletter template I created and hoped that maybe a bride or two could use the template or the idea for her own wedding. I never even imagined that the digital content editor from Get Married Magazine would email me about that newsletter and ask to post about it in their Fall 2011 magazine!?! What??!!

Now, before you get too excited, it was just a little mention of my blog address, but still, are you serious?!? So cool!

To any readers who are here from Get Married, I hope you'll hang around awhile and do some reading. If you are having problems downloading the template or want to make some tweaks and can't figure out how, I would love to hear from you!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

I absolutely love your blog and I can't wait to see what you post. I discovered it a few months back when I saw your owl baby shower. My sister in law is having a baby girl and doing a lady bug theme and I can't wait to use your ideas. They are fantastic!

Jami Nato said...

well glad you're back!

Nora Eul said...

Way to go! Look at you, big time event planner in a big time city being featured in a big time magazine. Woot woot! CONGRATS!